86. The normal temperature of human in the Kelvin scale is-
Answer – (4)
In degree Celsius, it is 37 °C, so when converted to kelvin it becomes 310 i.e. 273 K+37 °C = 310 K
87. Fruits stored in a cold chamber exhibit longer storage life because-
- Exposure to sunlight is prevented
- Rate of respiration is decreased
- There is an increase in humidity
- The concentration of CO2 in the environment is increased
Answer – (2)
Fruits respire. They give out ethylene which helps in ripening. When fruits are kept in cold storage the rate of ethylene production can be controlled and thus the self-life of fruits can be increased.
88. Which of these are microscopic, unicellular, and prokaryotic organisms-
Answer – (1)
Monera- are microscopic, unicellular, and prokaryotic organisms. Ex- bacteria, blue-green algae.