1. A vendor buys milk at a certain price, adds water and sells the adulterated milk at the same rate as he bought it for. He makes a 30% profit. What is the % of water he adds to the milk?
2. A container having a liquid X is at a level of 4/7 its actual level. From this, if x liters are removed and the container is 1/4th full. Finally, 35 liters are added to the container making it 1/2 full. The value of x and the capacity of the container are respectively?
(a) 45, 210
(c) 45, 140
(d) 40, 210
3. A bottle of whiskey contains 3/4 of whiskey and the rest water. How much of the mixture must be taken away and substituted by an equal quantity of water to have half whiskey and half water?
(c) 100/3 %
4. In what ratio must the 1:4 mixture of whiskey and water be mixed with a 1:1 mixture to obtain a 2:3 mixture?
5. 10 liters are removed from a cask full of wine containing 60 liters and is then filled with water. 10 liters of mixture is again withdrawn from the container. What quantity of wine is now left in the cask?
(d) Cannot be determined