Read More- Welding Types and Definitions Notes
1. The side rake angle of a single point cutting tool is the angle-
A. Between the surface of the flank immediately below the point and a plane at right angles to the centerline of the point of the tool
B. Between the surface of the flank immediately below the point and a line drawn from the point perpendicular to the base
C. By which the face of the tool is inclined sideways
D. By which the face of the tool is inclined towards the back
2. Which of the following statement is wrong about ultra-sonic machining?
A. It cuts materials at very slow speeds.
B. It removes a large amount of material.
C. It is best suited for machining hard and brittle materials.
D. It produces good surface finish.
3. The angle between the face and the flank of the single point cutting tool is called?
A. lip angle
B. point angle
C. rake angle
D. clearance angle
4. Soft material cannot be economically grounded (grind) due to-
A. rapid wheel wear
B. the high temperature involved
C. frequent wheel clogging
D. low workpiece stiffness
5. Gear cutting on a milling machine using an involute profile cutter is a-
A. gear shaping process
B. gear forming process
C. gear generating process
D. highly accurate gear producing process
Read More- Fluid Mechanics: Objective Questions