Important Notes on Jainism
- Founder of Jainism- Rishabhadeva
- Real Founder- Mahavira
- 1st Tirthankara- Rishabhadeva
- 23rd Tirthankara- Parsavanath
- 24th Tirthankara- Mahavira
- Father’s Name- Ashwasen (A King of Banaras)
- Mother’s Name- Vama
- He left his home at the age of 49, reached Sammed Mountain (Ranchi, Jharkhand) and got Kaivalya.
Doctrine of Parswanath
- Birth Place- Kundgram (Vaishali)
- Birth Period – 599 BC/568 BC/ 540 BC (NCERT- 599 BC)
Read More: Short Notes on Buddhism
The Principle of Jainism as preached by Mahavira
- Rejected the authorities of Vedas and the Vedic rituals.
- Did not believe in the existence of God.
- Believe in Karma and the transmigration of the soul.
- Laid great emphasis on equality.
- Real Name -Vardhaman
- Father’s Name- Siddhartha
- Mother’s Name- Trishala
- Wife’s Name- Yashoda
- Sister’s Name- Priyakarini
- Brother’s Name- Nandivardhan
- Daughter’s Name- Priyadarshana
- Son-in-Law – Jamali (Son of Mahavir’s sister, Priyakarini)
Doctrine of Jainism
|Three Gems (Ratnas)||5 Main Teachings||5 Types of Knowledge|
1. Right Faith (Samyak Vishwas)
2. Right Knowledge (Samyak Gyan)
3. Right Conduct (Samyak Karma)
|1. Non-Injury (Ahimsa)|
2. Non-stealing (Asateya)
4. Non-Possession (Aparigraha)
5. celibacy (Brahmacharya)
|1. Mati Janana|
2. Shruti Jnana
3. Manah Paryay Jnana
4. Awadhi Jnana
5. Kaivalya Jnana
|1st- 3rd Century BC||Patliputra||Sthulbhadra||12 Anga (Books, But not Finalised) to replace lost 14 Puvas|
|2nd- 5th Century AD||Vallabhi||Devardhi Kshama Shravan||12 Angas and 12 Upangas (Finalised)|
Read More: Amazing Facts of Human Body
Read More: National Parks in India
Note: Since this is content is related to religion, someone with good knowledge of the religion finds any error then please Contact US.