Current Affairs 20 July Questions
01. Which country is recently removed from the F-35 fighter jet program?
The United States removed Turkey from the F-35 Fighter Jet Program.
02. Who is the writer of the book “Kargil: Untold Stories from the War?
Answer- Rachna Bisht Rawat
03. Which telecom operator recently became the 2nd largest operator of the country?
Answer- Reliance Jio Telecom
- Vodafone Idea is at the top with 387.55 million users.
- Jio has around 322.38 million users while Bharti Airtel has 320.38 million users.
04. Who has been appointed private secretary to Prime Minister?
Answer- IFS officer Vivek Kumar, who is currently working as Director in PM’s office has been appointed the private secretary to PM Narendra Modi.
05. Which country won the Intercontinental Cup 2019?
Answer- North Korea won by defeating Tajikistan (1-0) in the finals at Ahmadabad.
It was the 2nd edition of the Hero Intercontinental Cup football tournament.
06. Which two countries will carry out the military exercise “Hand in Hand”?
Answer- India and China will carry out the exercise in December 2019 at Umroi, Meghalaya.
Read More- Important Current Affairs 19 July 2019
Now read these Current Affairs 20 July 2020 articles in brief.
3-time Delhi CM Sheila Dikshit Passes Away
Three-time Delhi Chief Minister and senior Congress leader Sheila Dixit passed away in New Delhi. She served as Delhi’s chief minister for 15 years. She was the senior-most Congress leader in its Delhi unit.
Indian Men & Women’s teams win Commonwealth Table Tennis title
India has made a record by winning gold in both men’s and women’s categories of the 21st Commonwealth Table Tennis Championship taking place in Odisha.
The Indian men’s team won the final match defeating England 3-2.
The Indian women’s team defeated England 3-0 in the final match to win the gold for the first time in the history of the commonwealth games.
Read More- List of Grand Slam Winners 2018
Upender Singh Rawat named India’s next Ambassador to Panama
IFS officer Upender Singh Rawat has been appointed as India’s next Ambassador to Panama. He will replace Ravi Thapar.
Knowledge Booster- Capital- Panama City
Currency- Panamanian Balboa
Sanjeev Kumar Singla appointed as India’s Ambassador to Israel
Senior diplomat Sanjeev Kumar Singla has been appointed as the next Indian Ambassador to Israel. Earlier he was serving as Private Secretary (PS) to Prime Minister of India. He will replace Pavan Kapoor, who assumed charge as the Ambassador to Israel in 2016.
Read More- SSC Quiz