July Current Affairs Questions Answers
01. Which country will Prime Minister Narendra Modi visit in August 2019?
Answer- PM Narendra Modi will embark on a two-day visit to Bhutan in August 2019.
02. Who won the WBA Welterweight Championship held in July 2019?
Answer- Filipino legend Manny Pacquiao won the WBA Welterweight Championship 2019.
03. What is the reduced tenure of chairpersons of the National and State Human Rights Commission in the recently passed Protection of Human Rights (Amendment) Bill 2019?
Answer- The Rajya Sabha cleared the Protection of Human Rights (Amendment) Bill on July 22, 2019. The age was reduced from 5 years to 3 years.
04. What was the theme of World Brain Day 2019?
Answer- Migraine: The Painful Truth.
Knowledge Booster- 22nd July is celebrated as World Brain Day.
Read More- Important Current Affairs 19 July 2019
05. Who will be conferred with the “Mohun Bagan Ratna” on July 29, 2019?
Answer- Keshav Dutt and Prasun Banerjee
Note- 29 July is celebrated as Mohun Bagan Day.
06. When is Kargil Vijay Diwas celebrated?
Answer- It is celebrated on 26 July. It is celebrated in the memory of soldiers who sacrificed their lives in the 1999 Kargil War.
07. Who has been appointed as “Britain’s Home Secretary”?
Answer- Priti Patel is appointed as “Britain’s Home Secretary”, thus becoming the first Indian origin Home Secretary.
08. Who won the British Open 2019?
Answer- Shane Lowry of Ireland won the British Open 2019, a major golfing title.
09. Who is the newly elected Prime Minister of Britain?
Answer- Boris Johnson took over the post on 24 July 2019. He belongs to the Conservative Party.