Important Current Affairs 22 March to 31 March 2020
Let us discuss the only important Current Affairs from 22 March to 31 March 2020. We will discuss the important current affairs of the weekend that are important from the exam perspective.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi announces COVID-19 Economic Response Task Force.
- The task force will be led by Finance Minister Nirmala Sitharaman.
- The main aim of the formation of this task is to deal with difficulties due to the corona pandemic.
International Nowruz Day
- The international Nowruz day is celebrated each year on 21st March.
- The festival marks the first day of spring and promotes peace and solidarity.
World Water Day is celebrated on 22nd March
- World Water Day is celebrated since 1993.
- AIM: Water and Sanitation for all by 2030.
- The theme of 2020 World Water Day: “Water and Climate Change.“
Canada becomes the first country to withdraw itself from 2020 Summer Olympic
- The 2020 Summer Olympic will take place (now decided later) in Tokyo, Japan.
- Canada Capital: Ottawa
- Canada Prime Minister: Justin Trudeau
India ranks 144 in the World Happiness Report 2020
- Finland ranks 1st in the report of 2020.
- The report was prepared among 156 countries, based on the parameters- GDP per capita, social support, healthy life expectancy, generosity, freedom to make life choices, perceptions of corruption.
Which company recently announced to launch first manned flight?
- Space Exploration Technologies Corp. is a private aerospace industry.
- Launch in May 2020 to International Space Station (ISS).
- SpaceX was founded in 2002 by Elon Musk, who is also the current CEO.
- The headquarters of SpaceX is at Hawthorne in California (USA).
SIDBI launches Swavalamban Express from Lucknow
- A train journey starting from Lucknow in June for a span of 15 days to promote small businessmen or new entrepreneurs.
- After travelling the major main cities, the journey will end at Varanasi.
- SIDBI: Small Industries Development Bank of India.
- SIDBI was founded in April 1990 and the headquarters is at Lucknow.
- The present MD & CEO of SIDBI is Mohammad Mustafa.
Which city is proposed to organize pilot shopping festival in 2020-21?
- The aim is to promote Indian made products like jewellery, gems, textiles, handicrafts, etc.
- This was proposed by textile minister Smt. Smriti Zubin Irani.
23 March is observed as Shaheed Diwas or Martyrs’ Day
- It is observed in the remembrance of three martyrs- Bhagat Singh, Rajguru and Sukhdev.
What is the name of the first Made in India COVID-19 test kit?
Answer: MyLab PathoDetect COVID-19 Qualitative PCR kit.
- It is developed by a Pune based private company, Mylab Discovery Solutions Pvt Ltd. The kit has also got the approval from CDSCO for the commercial production.
- CDSCO: Central Drugs Standard Control Organization.
International Day of Remembrance of the Victims of Slavery and the Transatlantic Slave Trade
- This day is observed each year on 25th March.
- Theme 2020: Confronting Slavery’s Legacy of Racism Together.
Who won the PEN/Hemingway Award 2020?
Answer: Ruchika Tomar
- She won it for her novel A Prayer for Travelers. The award was founded by Mary Hemingway in the year 1976 to honour the Ernest Hemingway.
- The award is given to a debutant author from America.
Walmart India appoints Sameer Aggarwal as CEO
- Sameer Aggarwal will replace Krish Iyer as the new Chief Executive Officer of Walmart India.
Uttarakhand government abolishes the quota in promotion for government employees
- CM: Trivendra Singh Rawat
- Governor: Baby Rani Maurya
- The famous national park Jim Corbett National Park is located in Uttarakhand.
Shivraj Singh Chauhan becomes the new CM of Madhya Pradesh
- Shivraj Singh became the CM for the 4th time.
- Governor of MP: Lal Ji Tandon
Who is the author of the book, “Messiah Modi: A great tale Expectations”?
Answer: Tavleen Singh
Who is the 1st Indian to climb all the highest volcanoes of the seven continents?
Answer: Satyarup Siddhanta
- The Seven Highest Volcanoes are:
|Continents’ Name||Name fo Volcanoes|
|Asia||Mount Damavand, Iran|
|Europe||Mount Elbrus, Russia|
|Africa||Mount Kilimanjaro, Tanzania|
|Australia||Mount Giluwe, Papua New Guinea|
|North America||Mount Pico de Orizaba, Mexico|
|South America||Ojos del Salando, Chile|
|Antartica||Mount Sidley, Antartica|
Which state became the first to impose curfew amid COVID-19 outbreak?
- Punjab is known as the land of 5 rivers. The 5 rivers are- Jhelum, Ravi, Chenab, Sutlej, and Beas.
Recently, which bank launched the 1st prepaid card?
Answer: Karur Vysya Bank
- The headquarters of the bank is in Karur, Tamil Nadu.
- Tagline of Karur Vysya Bank: Smart Way to Bank
When is the World Metrological day observed?
Answer: 23 March
- World metrological Organization is an intergovernmental organization established on 23rd March 1950.
- It has presently 187 member states and 6 member territories.
- Theme 2020: Water and Climate Change.
When is World Tuberculosis Day celebrated?
Answer: 24 March
- TB is caused by the bacteria Mycobacterium tuberculosis.
- The bacterium causing TB was discovered by Dr. Robert Koch.
- The Theme of World TB day 2020: It’s time.
Who wrote the book, “Missing in Action: The Prisoners who never came back”?
Answer: Chander Suta Dogra
- The book is about the lost soldiers of Indo-Pak Wars of 1965 and 1971.
- The book is published by HarperCollins.
Which Indian footballer is chosen as the FIFA campaign against COVID-19?
Answer: Sunil Chhetri
- The campaign (an initiative by WHO and FIFA) includes 28 renowned world footballers, and in this campaign a video-message in 13 languages will be published.
- The FIFA campaign title is “Pass the message to kick out coronavirus”.
Recently, the Indian government banned the export of which drug?
- Hydroxychloroquine is an anti-malaria drug.
- ICMR had recommended the use of hydroxychloroquine for treating healthcare workers handling suspected or confirmed coronavirus cases.
The Odisha government launches “Mo Jeeban” programme
- The campaign was launched to contain the COVID-19 outbreak.
- The aim of the “Mo Jeeban” programme is to aware people about staying at home, washing hands for 20 seconds before entering the house.
- Chief Minister of Odisha: Naveen Patnaik
- Governor of Odisha: Ganeshi Lal.
The USA and UAE conducts biennial military exercise in March 2020
- The exercise was called Native Fury.
- The biennial exercise was conducted in Abu Dhabi, the capital of the United Arab Emirates.
What is the name of the AI bot introduced by United States CDC to help people assess potential symptoms of COVID-19?
- The US Centres for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) tied up with Microsoft.
- The AI-based bot, Clara will provide information and suggest the next course of action to be taken by the affected person.
- Microsoft was founded on April 4, 1974, and the headquarters is located in Washington, USA
For more Important Current Affairs, keep visiting us.