The Force and Pressure Class 8 Notes Pdf Download link is at the bottom of the post. But you can go through the Force and Pressure Class 8 Notes without downloading the Pdf.
Firstly, let us see what we are going to study in this chapter. The overview of the chapter is very necessary for every students. This gives you the idea about the content we are going to study and can relate with our previous syllabus or chapters.
Force and Pressure Class 8 Notes [Short and Concise]
What is Force?
In simple words, Force is a push or pull.
- Mathematically, Force = Mass × Acceleration
- The SI unit of Force is Newton. It is denoted by the symbol N (Capital ‘N’) after the name of Issac Newton.
Effects of Forces
- Force can move an object or bring an object in the state of motion from the rest position.
- Force can stop an object or bring an object at rest from the state of motion
- Force can change the direction of an object
- Force can accelerate (speed up) or de-accelerate (slow down) an object
- Force can change the shape of an object
- Force can change the size of an object
Types of Forces
There are two types of forces-
- Contact Force
- Non-Contact Force
The type of forces experienced by bodies when they are in direct contact with each other.
Tension Force etc.
The type of forces which are able to push or pull even when the objects/bodies are not in physical or direct contact with each other.
Examples: The Forces that come under this category are-
Magnetic Force etc
The force applied by a charged body on another charged or uncharged body is called electrostatic force.
It is the force of attraction that is acting between the objects in the universe.
Note: It is an attractive force
The force attraction or repulsion produced by magnets. When magnetic materials are brought in near a magnet it attracts the objects.
The forces due to the action of our muscles is called Muscular force.
What is Force of Friction (Frictional Force)?
It is the force that comes into action when the surfaces of two bodies come in contact with each other and it opposes the motion of the objects. It is not a fundamental force.
Types of Frictional Force
There are mainly two types of Frictional Forces-
- Static Friction
- Kinetic Friction (Sliding Friction & Rolling Friction)
To Read More About Frictional Force Visit Here: Chapter 12 Friction
What is Pressure?
It is the force acting on the unit surface of an area.
Mathematically, Pressure = Force/Area
The SI Unit of pressure is N/m².
Question: What is the SI Unit of pressure?
(C) both A and B
(D) None of these
Pressure Exerted by Liquids
- pressure exerted by liquid increases with depth
- pressure exerted by liquid is same in all directions at a given depth.
Manometer: It is an instrument used to measure the pressure difference
The pressure exerted by the weight of the atmosphere on the earth’s surface.
- 1 atm = 790 mmHg at sea level
- 1 atm = 101325 Pa.
- Atmospheric Pressure can be measured by barometer
Also Read: What is Atmosphere
Force and Pressure Class 8 Notes Pdf Download
I hope you loved these Force and Pressure Class 8 Notes pdf. If you loved, do share with your friends these Force and Pressure Class 8 Notes pdf and also do not forget to support via the below Paytm Link.