These are some extra physics problems for class 9 from the chapter motion. Practice these Physics Numerical question to further clear your concepts.
How to solve a physics numerical?
To solve the numerical, firstly read the question carefully, and note down all the given data. You also need to write down the related information. Now try to apply the physics formula given below.
Note- Take care of ‘u’ (Initia Velocity) and ‘v’ (Final Velocity).
Physics all Numerical formula Used
Newtons Equation of Motions
- v = u + at
- s = ut + ½ × a × t²
- v² = u² + 2as
Distance traveled in nth second
Physics Numerical Question
1. A scooter traveling at 10 m/s speed up to 20 m/s in 4 sec. Find the acceleration of the scooter.
2. An object dropped from a cliff falls with a constant acceleration of 10 m/s2. Find its speed 5 s after it was dropped.
3. A ball is thrown upwards and it goes to the height 100 m and comes down
a) What is the net displacement?
b) What is the net distance?
4. A car starts from rest and acquires a velocity of 54 km/h in 2 sec. Find
a) The acceleration
b) Distance traveled by car (assume motion of the car is uniform)?
5. A bullet hits a Sandbox with a velocity of 20 m/s and penetrates it up to a distance of 6 cm. Find the deceleration of the bullet in the sandbox.
6. An object moves along a straight line with an acceleration of 2 m/s2. If its initial speed is 10 m/s, what will be its speed 2 s later?
Read More:- Zoology Objective Questions and Answers
7. A particle experiences constant acceleration for 20 seconds after starting from rest. If it travels a distance D1 in the first 10 seconds and distance D2 in the next 10 seconds then,
(a) D2 = D1
(b) D2 = 2D1
(c) D2 = 3D1
(d) D2 = 4D1
8. An artificial satellite is moving in a circular orbit of radius 42.250 km (approx). Calculate its linear velocity if takes 24 hours to revolve around the earth?
9. Two cars A and B race each other. The Car A ran for 2 minutes at a speed of 7.5 km/h, slept for 56 minutes and again ran for 2 minutes at a speed of 7.5 km/h. find the average speed of car A in the race.
10. 10. The velocity-time graph of SUV is given below. The mass of the SUV is 1500 kg.
a) What is the distance traveled by the SUV in the first 2 seconds?
b) What is the braking force at the end of 5 seconds to bring the SUV to a stop within one second?
11. A car travels 30 km at a uniform speed of 40 km/hr and the next 30 km a uniform speed of 20 km/hr. Find its average speed?
12. A body A starts from rest with an acceleration a1. After two seconds, another body B starts from rest with an acceleration a2. If they travel equal distance in the 5th second after the start of A, then find the ratio a1:a2.
13. A particle moving in a straight line covers half the distance with a speed of 3 m/s. The other half of the distance is covered in two equal time intervals with a speed of 4.5 m/s and 7.5 m/s respectively. What is the average speed of the particle?
14. A train starting from a railway station and moving with uniform acceleration attains a speed of 40 km/h in 10 minutes. Find its acceleration.
15. Show that 1 radian = 57.3 degree
Read More:- CBSE NCERT Solutions & Revision Notes
For Solution Go to Page 2